These images are from a photo adventure Feb 28 - Mar 6 -- inspired, planned and led by a special photography friend, John "The Snake" Barrett. Our group numbered nine friends, most of whom had traveled together several times before. Iceland was a bucket-list photo destination for all!
Temperatures were typical for this season, from low 20s to low 30s. There were plenty of strong winds and driving drizzle, plus about a foot of new snow on the last night. Fortunately we were well prepared with all manner of water- and wind-proof clothing, cold-weather gadgets, GPSes, walkie-talkies, loads of snacks and two heavier-duty 4WD vehicles.
We were tremendously fortunate to see many of the most hoped-for subjects, notably three nights of Aurora and a tour of an ice cave.
You can see our general Iceland route in the map at right. Many of our locations were also the shooting locations for scenes of well-known films, 21 of which are shown on this map: http://www.filminiceland.com/files/films/film_in_iceland.jpg
Click each gallery below to view its images. Viewing tips are listed below the galleries.
Finally...a disclaimer: images are a blend of "photography" and "travel". The latter are included to help tell the story of the former.
Hope you enjoy!
- Each gallery has a short description providing a bit of information about its images. Most descriptions have links to additional information. If you use the links and have the option on your device, it may be helpful to open them in a new tab/window. That way you can close them when done, and still have your original tab/window open. NOTE: it appears that gallery descriptions don't display when viewing from a phone.
- Many images have captions. Depending on your device, you may need to hover over or tap the bottom of images to display all the text.
- When you reach the last image in a gallery, click the X at upper right. Then you may:
1) Hover over ICELAND HOME (on tablet or phone, tap the + sign) at lower left to display a list of the galleries. Click/tap any gallery to go directly there. (or)
2) Click/tap ICELAND HOME to go back to this main page (or)
3) Scroll back up to the description, then click/tap the NEXT GALLERY link just above the first image
- The gallery called SLIDESHOW combines all images so you can view them in one pass. Inside it you may:
1) Click/tap the SLIDESHOW button for autoplay, then pause/restart as desired. NOTE: captions don't appear in slideshow. (or)
2) View the images individually, the same as in the other galleries
- A computer is the best viewing device. A large tablet will also suit. A phone will work but won't be the best experience.
- Images may load slowly on a slow internet connection
Please contact me if you have improvements to suggest.